In addition to the General Competition Rules, the following shall apply:
1. As at 1st September the previous year, all boys under the age of 13, all girls under the age of 14 and all children with learning difficulties* under the age of 15 shall be eligible to play.
2. The away side shall provide a new or good quality four and three quarter ounce ball.
3. Where possible, the pitch shall be 21 yards in length.
4. Each game shall consist of one innings per side, each innings of maximum 20 overs duration which may be reduced up to a minimum of 12 overs, subject to the mutual agreement of the team managers of the respective teams.
5. No bowler shall bowl more than four overs.
6. When a batsman reaches or passes the personal total of 25 runs, he must retire, but may return to the crease on the departure of the tenth batsman. Retired batsmen must return in the order of retirement and take the place of the retiring or dismissed batsman. The batsman shall retire when he scored an additional 25 runs on his return to the crease.
7. 2 runs will be awarded for each no-ball or wide in addition to any other runs scored, but no additional delivery will be bowled. For clarification, in the last over of the innings, 2 runs will be awarded for each no-ball or wide (in addition to any other runs scored) and an additional delivery will be bowled.
8. In ALL matches, no fielder, except the wicket keeper shall be allowed to field nearer than 11 yards, measured from the middle stump, except behind the wicket on the off side.
9. The team scoring the most runs in its innings shall be the winner. In the event of the scores being equal, the number of wickets lost shall be taken into account. If these should also be the same, the result shall be declared a tie.
10. Three points shall be awarded for a win. Two points for a tie. One point shall be awarded for a defeat or where an aborted match cannot be re-arranged for any reason (subject to General Competition rule 3.2)
11. At the end of the season, the teams scoring the most points will be deemed winners of the respective leagues. In the event of 2 teams finishing on equal points, the net run rate will determine the winning team.